The colon is considered to be a major organ within the digestive system of human beings. It proves to be important, especially with its main function being that of extracting water or even salt materials which have been consumed from the meals that people consumed last.
It’s a vital part of a person’s large intestine, coming in the form of a very thick, muscular tube which contains a rich supply of blood. The blood is used to transport the water and other essential nutrients all over the person’s body.
When the colon does not properly function, there is a great chance that many health issues can develop. For one, the body will be deprived of all the important nutrients it needs to function properly, thus leading to a great deal of starvation from those same nutrients on cellular levels.
While some people often leave this alone, hoping that the body will just work things out for itself, it’s definitely incorrect to have this in mind.
In fact, waste build up in the intestinal walls can occur, and eventually these will be tough to eliminate. It is for this reason that people must consider going through a colon cleanse.
This process can help eliminate any accumulated food by-products in the digestive system, thus leading to healthier functioning. There are many ways to have one’s colon cleansed, and some of them have long existed in ancient times.
These are just a few of the traditional methods of colon cleansing.
- Aloe proves to be a great traditional solution when it comes to cleaning the colon of all the toxins and wastes it has accumulated over time. While this is an herb which is more commonly known for treating burns, insect bites, or other forms of skin irritations, it has become widely used for colon cleansing. It’s a natural remedy that can help improve the condition of the stomach, especially when it experiences certain disorders.
- Consuming aloe latex orally is another traditional secret which continues to see practice from many people all over the world. It’s derived from the aloe leaf, and is actually a very potent laxative that will help flush out the wastes from the body.
- Another herb which can provide relief to the stomach is cascara sagrada, which is very powerful and effective when used as a laxative. It’s commonly used nowadays for colon cleansing purposes.
- Fennel is an herb which has long been used for treating cases of obesity. Yet, since the accumulation of wastes in the intestinal tract can lead to weight problems, it makes perfect sense for people to use this even up to this day.
- Parsley is another mild herb which has laxative-like properties. It doesn’t result in any side effects and is quite gentle for helping people deal with constipation problems.
These are three ancient methods of colon cleansing which are still very effective up to this day. Many people continue to apply them with much success.
There are a lot of people all over the world that actually look at colon cleansing with a mistaken perspective. Some people think that, due to the influence of the media, colon cleansing offers such amazing benefits.
Although it is very much true that having a really effective colon cleanser will benefit a person’s overall well being, there are myths that surround this. Colon cleansing, for those who don’t know, involves cleaning out the colon with sprays of fluid.
This can be in the form of water which breaks down any of the waste materials that have clung to the walls of the large intestine, thus flushing them out easily.
A few of the many myths concerning colon cleansing are provided below.
- The large intestine requires periodical cleansing since it’s very much the same as sewage canals – There are a lot of people who are very much gullible when it comes these matters, and would require a great deal of study and research just to find out how the colon truly works. Most people mistakenly assume that the colon requires regular cleaning. However, the truth is that the colon already possesses an internal system which cleans it up by itself. Coupled with the implementation of a well balanced diet as well as some bit of exercise, this clean up system is then ensured to be fully functional. The colon houses good bacteria which can help maintain its cleanliness. It’s because of myths like these that a lot of people believe the colon should be made pristine and free of toxin and waste buildup through constant cleansing. If this is done, there’s a good chance that even the good bacteria will be flushed away, thus making the colon even more susceptible to disorders.
- The colon’s lining is filled with lots of waste materials which haven’t been cleaned out and cling to the walls, thus forming a thick and dense layer of plaque that can continue to stay there for years and leading to the buildup of toxins – Now this is something which a lot of doctors would argue as being complete fallacy. Waste materials don’t build up in the colon, since this organ was designed for near instant elimination of wastes. There isn’t any basis for such claims, and the truth is that mucoid plaque is formed through the constant use of colon cleansers. Any materials which have high fiber content used for spraying the intestinal tract can lead to the development of said plaque, not waste materials.
- One must perform bowel movements which are equal to the number of times that he or she eats in a day – An adult moves his or her bowel three to twenty one times every week, and seeing as that every person is different, one cannot state that claim as true. Otherwise, people would end up dehydrating themselves due to numerous bowel movements in a day. Either that, or they would be “building up waste materials” at a large bulk.
These are just a few myths concerning the digestive system and colon cleansing.