A lot of people often believe that weight loss can be made possible with several hours of exercise at the gym. While this is true, that isn’t the only component which can lead to people having much fitter and better toned physiques.
The whole truth is that one’s diet plays an important role in this as well. There has been much debate about how the HCG diet is turning the fitness world upside down, especially when using injections seem like a rather unorthodox method of losing weight.
There are many people in the U.S. alone who have resorted to this method of weight loss, simply because it’s quick and effective. However, there are certain things that they need to know about this miracle diet which has long been existence.
Below are some things to consider.
- How it works – Theoretically speaking, the HCG hormone is believed to be an appetite suppressant, and can trigger the body to make use of the stored fats as fuel to be burned when engaged in exercise or any strenuous physical activity. Most of the diet plans involving the use of HCG also restricts people from going more than 500 calories of intake in a day. The food to be consumed should be organic and unprocessed. Along with this, HCG injections and drops are also used for a time frame of 45 days. This diet plan is said to enhance a person’s metabolic rate, losing a lot of weight in just a day. However, there isn’t much scientific proof to back up just how effective it is.
- The evidence – According to several research studies, no evidence of HCG actually supporting weight loss has been found, and many reputable associations don’t really recommend it for people who wish to lose weight rather quickly. Considering that the plan requires a 500 calorie per day intake, it may seem nearly impossible to adhere to without cheating at least once. Apart from that, there are certain nutrients to be found in a number of food products which are essential for the body to function properly. As of the moment, the Food and Drug Administration hasn’t approved any products which promote the use of HCG.
- The potential side effects – Some people claim that taking part in the HCG diet plan is not just a waste of hard earned money, but also something which can lead to severe health complications. Deficiencies in nutrition as well as side effects may be suffered, despite many people claiming that it did help them to lose weight in the quickest manner possible. If 500 calories per day is the requirement, it may be difficult for the body to function optimally, especially when there’s a certain amount of carbohydrate, fat and protein intake that every person must have in order to avoid experiencing deficiencies in their health.
These are just some of the facts that people must be aware of before they consider getting into the HCG diet program.
There are many people suffering from weight problems, but once they’ve recognized that they’re a lot heavier and find it more difficult to move about and perform mundane chores, it’s the perfect opportunity for them to make the best decision ever.
It can truly be disheartening for an individual to see his or her arms & legs looking more plump and fatter than before, and it can really lead to a whole lot of other complications, some which may affect their health negatively as well.
It’s during times like this that a person should then think about engaging in loads of exercises, as well as going on a diet. There are a lot of weight loss programs out there which have been advertised as the most effective, yet the information they provide seem to be contradicting to that what they claim to offer.
If there’s one diet program which has seen quite the rise in popularity, it would be the HCG diet. This makes use of human chorionic gonadotropin, which is a hormone that’s produced in the urine of pregnant women.
It has been used for a variety of medical reasons, and it is only until recently that it’s become the focal point of weight loss. It utilizes injections and oral drops that can help a person suppress their appetite, thus leading to weight loss.
Below are just a few of this diet program’s facts.
- It is stated as effective in helping people lose weight – There are a lot of people who have noticed such significant changes in their body weight, dropping 30 pounds in just a matter of a week and a half, when they’ve implemented the HCG diet. Its main hook is that people who wish to lose weight fast will have to go on a 500 calorie intake on a daily basis. Knowing that there are a lot of foods to be eliminated from the diet, there’s no doubt it can cause weight loss. The matters of discipline and persistence in sticking to the diet plan, however, are another matter altogether.
- Many supplements used in the HCG diet aren’t really infused with any actual human chorionic gonadotropin. While the real hormone does help to suppress a person’s appetite, it requires valid prescription from a health care practitioner in order to be availed of. Some of the supplements are considered to be homeopathic, which only means that they don’t actually contain real HCG.
- If there’s one thing that a person will be put off by when it comes to the HCG diet, it’s that it can amount to a whole lot of expenses. Availing of the injections and drops is very expensive, and one won’t even be able to tell if they’re actually using the real diet program or not. Another matter to consider is that there are no clinical studies and trials to back up the effectiveness of the HCG diet program. According to some experts, this is nothing more than just a case of the placebo effect, wherein people believe that they are indeed losing weight, thus meaning that the diet plan actually works.
These are just a few of the things that people need to know about the HCG diet, and whether or not they should invest in it.